Team House – Mistletoe

The Team House is a two-story Mission Revival residence of hollow tile construction with white stucco veneer. It has a rectangular plan and a red-tiled hipped roof. A portico with arched openings and Mission parapet projects forward; this is surmounted by a parapet at the roof level which originally may have had a Mission profile, but which now has a plain curving top. The house was built c. 1920 for Charles Bailey Team and owned by the family until 1958. C. B. Team (1862-1939) was a native of South Carolina, who moved to Fort Worth in 1905. A well-known businessman, who bought and sold mules, he maintained offices and stores at the Fort Worth stockyards. The Livestock Exchange Building may have been an inspiration for the design of his own house. With documentation of the structure’s architect and integrity, it may be eligible for the National Register. The Team House was designated Demolition Delay in 1995. The house has been altered with the removal of the roof’s parapet, the infilling of the arched porch opening with French doors and sidelights, and the conversion of the windows above this opening from hung windows to multiple-light casement windows. Because of the alterations, it is not eligible for the National Register of Historic Places.

Leave a Comment