Tipton House – Clarke

Eugene and Emily Tipton, early landowners in the Hi Mount area, are first listed as residing in this house in 1914. Tipton was a clerk for the Railway Mail Service. The two-story, wood- framed Prairiesque house is a square, hipped block in plan; a one-story full porch supported by piers of rusticated concrete block shades the front elevation.

Leave a Comment