White Lake Diary Silo – Oakland

An Eastside institution, White Lake Dairy opened about 1927 advertising itself as the “Most Sanitary Dairy in the South.” Located just north of the city limits on Oakland Boulevard, the dairy was operated by Roscoe C. and Emma Mann. William E White who ran a real estate business, the William E White Land Co., was also affiliated with the dairy during its early years. The dairy was the exclusive supplier for the Pangburn Candy Co. which favored the milk because of its high cream content. This round concrete silo, scored to resemble stone blocks, is the last remaining structure from the dairy

Leave a Comment