Woodhouse Building – Exchange

A 1931 building permit indicated that property owner L. Woodhouse commissioned architect L.B. Weinmann and contractors Quisle and Andrews to erect this two-story commercial structure. Of buff brick with yellow brick corbelling, the Art Deco façade is further embellished with cast-stone trim and black structural glass. Rustic wooden shutters and a “Western” storefront, added in 1958, detract from the original style of the building, which is in the Fort Worth Stockyard National Register Historic District.

Leave a Comment