Hi Mount School – Lafayette

Named for the subdivision, Hi Mount School was built by Arlington Heights Independent School District, and annexed by Fort Worth Independent School District in 1922. Architects of the small elementary school were Clarkson and Gaines; Harry B. Friedman was contractor. The school was informally renamed Thomas Place School after North and South Hi Mount Schools … Read more

Keith House – Berkeley

The Keith House was built c. 1922 by W. C. Mobley. For 30 years, it was the residence of Ben E. Keith (1882-1959), civic leader and president of a major wholesale produce company and beer distributorship. John Alderman, a Fort Worth police and fire commissioner, was the earliest recorded owner. The house has white stucco … Read more

Holy Name Catholic Church – Terrell

In 1908, Bishop Dunne, Bishop of Dallas, sent Father Bernard H. Diamond to found a new parish in the southeast section of Fort Worth. The existing Mission Revival church was dedicated that year. It is a delicately scaled stucco-clad structure, gabled and buttressed, with Mission style parapets at each end. Windows are arched. A small … Read more

Mary Elizabeth Court Apartments – Hemphill

This apartment complex consists of two mirror-image yellow brick buildings flanking a central courtyard, each two stories in height with hipped roofs. A mission parapeted wall joins the buildings and screens the courtyard. This is one of several apartment complexes in south Fort Worth with a courtyard plan owned by the Management Co. of Texas … Read more