West Berry Church of Christ/TCU’s Human Resources Building: 1950 & 1965 2701 West Berry St.
Historic designation protection None
Original Architect: Charles O. Chromaster
Project Architect: Tony Hartin, AIA, Hahnfeld, Hoffer & Stanford
Nominated by: Betty Dillard
Councilmember: The Honorable Ann Zadeh
This Church started in 1924 as the South Summit Church of Christ and met in several buildings before purchasing the site on West Berry Street in 1949. The new building was completed in 1950 and the church changed its name to West Berry Church of Christ at that time. The limestone church was designed by Charles O. Chromaster in the Spanish Colonial Revival Style. A matching education building was constructed in 1965 to the rear of the site. The church changed its name again to University Church of Christ to tie directly into the growing TCU area. When this strategy did not prove to be successful, the church sold the building to a group that re-positioned the facility into a combination meeting/office space named La Mancha Business Centre. The building was then purchased by TCU who recently adapted for their Human Resources Building.