Teas House – Valley Ridge

This prominent, two and one-half story house, faced in brick painted white, is designed in a Colonial Revival style suggestive of Mount Vernon. The design was the work of architect Victor Marr Curtis for Byrne & Luther, Inc.. A full, two-story, shed-roofed portico stretches across the front elevation, supported by six monumental boxed columns; above … Read more

Overstreet House – Hillcrest

John R. and Bettie Overstreet resided in this house when it was frrst listed in the 1928 City Directory. Overstreet owned an automobile dealership on W. 7th Street A vague rendition of the Classical Revival style, this brick veneer house is a two-story block topped by a hip roof clad in green tiles. A central … Read more

Moore House – Lovell

This two-story house was erected by contractor Roy D. Martin for Earl M. Moore, who was vice-president of the Double Seal Co., and who later operated the Moore Construction Company. Moore may have designed the house. The Colonial Revival style residence features steeply pitched cross gables, entry porch, and shingle and wavy clapboard cladding

Mason-Stegall House – Ridglea

Well suited to its corner site, this irregular V-plan house has receding wings which enclose a garden to the rear. The dwelling is a successful combination of Colonial Revival and Ranch styles. A one and one-half story saltbox, clad in shingles, the house features a framed overhang with pendants to form a cutaway entry porch. … Read more

Arlington Heights Senior High School – Rosedale

This large school opened for the 1937 fall term. Funded by the W.P.A. at a cost of $333,000, the school was designed by the local architect Preston M. Geren; contracting work was completed by Butcher and Sweeney. The red brick Georgian Revival structure is a symmetrical composition of a central three-story gable roofed block flanked … Read more

Miller House – Thomas

Thomas A. Miller acquired this Crestmount Addition property in 1920, and resided at this address from 1924 to about 1939. Miller was vice-president of American National Petroleum Co. and later went into real estate investments. The two-story house is veneered in red brick and has a hip roof clad in red tile. The symmetrical, Colonial … Read more

Bennett House – Tulsa

Octavia Hendricks Bennett, daughter of pioneer attorney Harrison G. Hendricks, purchased this Tulsa Way property in 1929 and resided here the following year. She was the widow of George E. Bennett, who was a principal in the founding of Acme Pressed Brick Co. among his other business ventures. The house remained in the Bennett family … Read more

3830 Tulsa WAY – Tulsa

This two-story red brick house was constructed about 1924, apparently built on a speculative basis. Zeno C. Ross, an attorney with Ross, Ross and Alexander, was the flrst occupant. He leased the home while a new family residence was constructed in the River Crest area. An investor, Samuel A. Hoskins, purchased the house in 1932 … Read more

Crestwood Place Apartments – White Settlement

Crestwood Place Apartments opened June 30, 1940. The complex featured nine apartment blocks grouped in a U -pattern around a landscaped courtyard off White Settlement Road. Architects Joseph J. Patterson and J. E. Teague designed the project; Loffland and Luther Construction Co. were the contractors. According to J. T. Luther, the project was one of … Read more

Van Zandt Cottage – Crestline

Major Khleber Miller Van Zandt, a Captain in Company D, Texas Seventh Regiment in the Confederate army, settled in Fort Worth following the Civil War. A member of the Texas Legislature, a banker, merchant and cattleman, he acquired 600 acres on the West Side of Fort Worth between 1871 and 1873. Still owned by the … Read more