Apartment Court – Capps

This five-unit one-story apartment building was planned as a U around a court. The front units are designed as cross-gabled cottages. Abstract half-timbering in each gable end is in the form of an X, with a porthole vent at the intersection of the members. The buildings are of wood-framed construction with brick veneer on the … Read more

Parsons House – Chase

The Parsons House is a two-story gabled buff brick house with gabled portico and walled terrace. Built in 1921 for Edward V. Parsons, president of Anaonian Petroleum Co., the house was owned from 1947 to 1955 by Leo Potishman, a well-known Fort Worth businessman and philanthropist. The Parsons House is a contributing resource in the … Read more

La Beaune Carriage House/Garage – Chase

This two-story carriage house is constructed of stone on the ground floor and half-timbered above. The roof has rolled eaves to simulate thatch. It was built by Dr. Gilbert E. La Beaune, using stone from the original E. E. Chase barn. A large house built at the same time at the front of the property … Read more

College Avenue Baptist Church Sunday School Building – College

Organized in 1905, College Avenue Baptist Church initially met in a tent on a lot at College Avenue and Leuda Street. A sanctuary was erected in 1906. The church moved to the site at 1333 College Avenue in 1916 and erected a new sanctuary, now demolished. The existing three-story brick education building, designed by architect … Read more

De Zavala Elementary School – College

De Zavala Elementary School is a two-story structure with a raised basement. It is rectangular in plan with a flat roof. Its composition is a masonry block with yellow brick walls and cast stone trim. It is an extremely handsome classical design whose main element is a central engaged colonnade consisting of paired giant order … Read more

La Salle Apartments – College

The La Salle Apartments is a complex of mirror-image buildings flanking a central court. Each building is two and one-half stories in height, rectangular in plan, with cross-gabled roofs and brick veneer walls. Half-timbering occurs in gable ends and dormers. Built c. 1927, it is very similar in planning and design to several other apartment … Read more

Eitelman House – College

M. A. Eitelman, proprietor of Eitelman & Son Blacksmiths, had this two-story residence built c. 1909. It is constructed of rough-faced concrete blocks which simulate stone. Porch columns punch through the roof where they are integrated into a roof terrace balustrade. The house is significant as an early and impressive local example of concrete block … Read more

Leach House – College

The Leach House a one and one-half story wood-framed dwelling, with a side gabled roof with a full shed-roofed porch supported by Tuscan columns. Three hipped dormers communicate with a roof terrace over the porch. According to city directories, the house was built c. 1908 for Alonzo R. Leach, relative of a prominent landholder in … Read more

Millican House – Edwin

This two-story brick Prairie Style house was built c. 1918 for J. P. Millican, president of the J. P. Millican Printing & Advertising Co. The overhanging hipped roof is characteristic of the style. It is unaltered on the exterior except for a partially enclosed sleeping porch. The Millican House is a contributing resource in the … Read more

Neighbors House – Edwin

This two-story residence was built in 1933 by contractor Odell Moore for Dr. Dewitt Neighbors. The whitewashed brick walls and combination hipped and gabled roofs evoke medieval architecture of Norman France. Dr. Neighbors, a general practitioner, resided here until c. 1960. The Neighbors House is a contributing resource in the Mistletoe Heights Historic District.